top of page

For a list of scheduled employment and immigration workshops, click here.

U.S. Visa Options after RISD

After you graduate from RISD and/or finish your OPT, there are other visas, such as the H-1B visa and the O-1 visa, that you may be eligible to apply for with assistance from an immigration attorney.


Immigration attorney, Eileen Morrison, has presented on U.S. Visa Options at RISD and has provided us with her helpful and informative presentation:

Visa Options for Artists and Professional Workers - Slides from March 1, 2023

Want to learn more about the legal guidelines around freelancing and self employment? Find a recording from our previous session with Eileen Morrison here.

If you're looking for an immigration attorney, please refer to the American Immigration Lawyers Association: AILA at:

If you have questions about specific things to consider when hiring an immigration attorney, please contact the ISSA at

Below are two presentations from our March 2017 U.S. Visa Options Workshop. These RISD graduates share their personal experience applying for their current visas.

Lise Sasaki '13 IL

Cathy Jin '14 ID

bottom of page