Forms Processed By OISS

OISS has gone digital! You can now submit documents to OISS using our online forms. Please allow 3-5 business days for the information to be processed.

Forms for Currently Enrolled Students

To request an updated travel signature or to update your I-20 with any changes (ex: change of major, change of graduation year, etc.)


Only for currently enrolled students. If you are on OPT/STEM OPT, please refer to the Forms for Students on OPT/STEM OPT sections.

To request an "Immigration Status Verification Letter" from OISS in order to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN). See the Social Security Checklist for steps on how to apply and what documents you will need. 


Supervisor Letter Template can be found here. *Your supervisor MUST print on RISD Letterhead*

To request a letter from OISS that confirms your enrollment for the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This is a required document to apply for a Driver's License or State ID.


See a full list of required document on this Driver's License/State Checklist.

To request a support letter from OISS for travel or study outside the US (ex: this letter can be used when applying for a tourist visa to travel during the approved university break)

To be completed by student if needed for a visit to the US by family, friends, etc. Not a required document, but OISS can sign off on this document if desired.