top of page

Renewing Your F-1 Visa

You may only renew your visa while outside of the U.S. Make sure you plan ahead for all travel.

Most consulates / embassies have their own requirements and list of required documents. Visit the website of the embassy where you plan to obtain your visa to find out what will be required!

Most will require the following documents:

  • valid passport

  • enrollment verification certificate / letter from the Registrar's Office

  • evidence of financial ability to pay one years' tuition and living expenses

  • I-901 SEVIS fee payment receipt

For a list of scheduled employment and immigration workshops, click here.

bottom of page